Building entrepreneurial confidence and pitching your business
Create an unforgettable 60 second pitch for your business and develop the skills to become a professional speaker
In this intensive day workshop, you will develop the confidence and pitching skills required to successfully pitch your business to any audience. As part of the workshop you will have the opportunity to work on your brand story as you create and practise a 60 second pitch that you can give anytime, anywhere. You’ll get all-important feedback from other course attendees so that you can hone your elevator pitch into something special that tells the story behind your business.
You’ll develop your presenting skills in a series of practical speaking exercises where you’ll also pick up tips on how to control nerves when speaking in front of groups. One of these exercises includes designing and delivering a business pitch that gets buy-in to your idea and vision.
We’ll finish the session with a goal-setting activity where you will set yourself SMART goals to grow your business over the next 6 months. We’ll also share with you a list of London-based networking events where you can find speaking opportunities and pitch your business to an audience for free.
IN THIS PRACTICAL WORKSHOP:
- Build your confidence in presenting yourself, your brand and your business
- Practise using body language and voice techniques to present with flair and gravitas
- Create and get feedback on an unforgettable 60 second elevator pitch for your business
- Learn how to structure a business pitch presentation that gets buy-in to your vision
- Complete a goal-setting worksheet where you set yourself SMART goals
- Discover meet-ups and networking events around London where you can pitch your business to an audience for free
- Course handbook with practical tips and advice
- A hard back copy of GROW – a book by best-selling author on managing your thinking to overcome perfectionism and fear of failure
- A goal-setting action plan for the next 6 months
- A positive visualisation audio to listen to at home before you present
Follow up 1-to-1 coaching support is also available. This usually takes place over a series of face-to-face sessions or phone calls.
This an open course taking place on numerous dates in London. It is also available as a bespoke, in-house course for organisations and business incubator programmes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or a quote.
“The positive visualisation exercise was superb! It was really useful to practice my elevator pitch and learn how to structure it. Excellent trainer – keep it up! People really need this.”Ahmed Niaz, Accountant
“Such a great course, it was tailored perfectly to what I wanted. Carrie was super friendly, engaging and immediately put my mind at ease. It helped me a lot to intellectualise the fight or flight response.”Toby Lyons, Founder, Piece of the Puzzle
“After attending the elevator pitch day course with Carrie, I feel much more confident about pitching my business. Transformative from how I was in the morning!”Jody Vandenburg, Director, PixelPoint Group
10.00am — Course opens
- Why are public speaking skills so crucial for entrepreneurs and consultants?
- Strategies for building confidence in presenting yourself, your brand and your business
- Techniques for cultivating charisma on stage and getting your message across: body language, voice and content
- Designing and delivering your 60 second elevator pitch using a 6-point template
13.00 — Lunch
- How to structure a business pitch that gets buy-in to your idea and vision
- 12 practical tips to help you prepare mentally and physically in the week before a public speaking event
- Goal-setting exercise: 6 month plan
- Confidence-building meditation session
16.30 — Course ends