Public Speaking Essential Skills
A half day workshop where you will master the basics of public speaking and learn how to develop powerful rapport with any audience
On this course, you’ll pick up some invaluable tips on how to overcome nerves and feel more confident about public speaking. You’ll learn body language and voice techniques that help you present with flair, as you learn how to become an engaging and confident public speaker.
What will you take away from this course?
- 5 key tips to overcome the physical symptoms of nerves
- An invaluable technique to stop you from ‘going blank’ when presenting
- Body language and voice techniques that convey confidence and gravitas
- Cut out bad speaking habits that make you appear less authoritative
- Impromptu speaking skills to prepare you for ‘surprise’ speeches
- A powerful NLP positive visualisation exercise to build public speaking confidence
- Change how you think about and approach public speaking to advance your career / business
This popular half day workshop is where most of our students start before moving onto Level 2: Speaking with Impact. It is suitable for beginners as well as experienced speakers who want to hang their experience on some solid techniques. We only allow 6 participants per workshop to ensure each person receives high quality, personalised feedback, as the trainer works closely with each person to build on their natural strengths as a presenter.
Your course trainer will be Carrie Swift.
A limited number of complimentary places are available to HR Directors in organisations looking to trial this training to be delivered in-house. Please email email@example.com for further information.
Course Agenda (half day)
- My story of overcoming fear of public speaking and how it changed my life
- Why some of us get more nervous than others: changing how you approach public speaking opportunities and putting yourself forward to present / lead / sell
- 5 key tips on how to overcome nerves
- 1 minute warm up speaking exercise + feedback
- Essential body language and voice techniques that build powerful rapport and motivate others
- 1 minute speaking exercise + feedback: repeat previous exercise but employ speaking techniques
- 1 minute elevator pitch speaking exercise + feedback: pitch your role or organisation
- 2 minute speaking exercise + feedback: focus on one technique to build on your natural strengths
- Feedback speeches and practise chairing skills
- Goal setting to keep up the momentum
- Positive visualisation exercise to build confidence
Any questions? Give us a call on 0207 525 9501 and we’ll tell you more about the course, or give you some advice on which course we’d recommend for you.
“I can honestly say that in 12 years, this is the best training I have ever received. Carrie was inspirational, and I am, for the first, time working towards overcoming my fear of public speaking; I can truly see a light at the end of the tunnel… If I had received this kind of help when I was young, I don’t believe I would have carried my phobia around with me for my adult working life.”Helen Parsons, St Dominics College
“At the beginning of the day I rated my public speaking confidence level a 2 out of 10, and by the end I was a 7. Carrie was excellent, I think she is born to do it. She’s got a very positive vibe and this increased the energy levels in the room.”Rithma Fonseka, IT Manager
I attended the Essential Skills workshop and I left feeling confident in my ability to public speak. Carrie helps you to work through your barriers, whilst encouraging you to take steps out of your comfort zone that really help you to embark on a new journey. Since then I have gone on to confirm a group booking, create 2 short videos and chaired my first panel. Carrie – you are a fab trainer. Really nurturing. Thank you.” Andrea Mattis, Well-being Coach