Raising staff performance through a growth mindset culture
Creating a driven, innovative and emotionally intelligent workforce
“Organisations focused on employees capacity for growth will experience significant advantages.” – Professor Carol Dweck
Do you need your staff to be more driven, more innovative and better team workers?
Do you want to save money on recruitment and training?
Growth Mindset is a ground-breaking initiative currently taking businesses by storm due to its impact on staff performance.
Studies show that organisations who develop a growth mindset culture have happier employers with a more innovative, risk taking culture, which leads to faster organisational growth and better results.
Unlike fixed mindset organisations who spend a lot of money on recruitment and training, Growth mindset organisations hire from within their ranks, because staff progress faster and Managers place more trust in their teams. Staff members are happier and more emotionally invested in their work because they genuinely believe they can have an impact. They are more creative, better able to cope with change, and better team workers.
On this one-day course learn how to develop a growth mindset culture in your organisation to see your staff members:
- Innovate more
- Set themselves bigger goals
- Cope better with making mistakes and welcome new challenges
- Communicate more openly with other staff
- Manage their own career progression
- Build better relationships with colleagues
- Be less afraid to put ideas forward
- Cope with change better
- Develop more commercial awareness
This is a practical and interactive course full of strategies, activities and resources to take away. All course attendees will receive a copy of the inspirational book Grow: Change your mindset, change your life by Jackie Beere OBE.
We run this course as an open course for individuals (see course dates and venues on this page) and also a bespoke course for organisations delivered in-house as whole-staff training or leadership training. For further information or to get a quote, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0773605166.
WHAT IS GROWTH MINDSET?
After decades of research on achievement and success, World-renowned Stanford University psychologist, Carol Dweck, coined the terms growth mindset and fixed mindset. These terms describe the underlying beliefs people have about learning and intelligence.
In a growth mindset we believe that our basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work – brains and talent are just the starting point; the real path to mastery is effort.
In a fixed mindset people believe that their basic qualities like intelligence or talent are fixed traits, placing limits on what they believe they can achieve. They spend their time avoiding challenges that may threaten their self-beliefs and may be more inclined to struggle with change.
Whether you have a fixed mindset or a growth mindset, you can learn to change it.
STUDIES SHOW EMPLOYEES IN A GROWTH MINDSET ORGANISATION ARE…
- 47% likelier to say that their colleagues are trustworthy
- 34% likelier to feel a strong sense of ownership and commitment to the company
- 65% likelier to say that the company supports risk taking
- 49% likelier to say that the company fosters innovation.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
- HR Managers
- Whole-staff training
10.00am — Course opens
- Growth mindset vs. fixed mindset: exploring the habits of top performers
- Quiz: Discovering your current mindset
- Moving from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
- Emotionally intelligent leadership
- Using a 7 minute coaching model to help others develop a growth mindset
13.00 — Lunch
- Tools for managing work pressures, uncertainties and challenges
- Growth mindset teams in action: building better relationships
- Goal setting action plan
- Creating a long term growth mindset strategy
16.30 — Course ends
This course is delivered as in-house training for organisations, and also runs as a public course on dates that are mutually convenient for attendees. To register interest to attend the course, please submit your email address below:
“A heartfelt and sincere thank you for such an inspirational and useful session earlier. I think it was the highlight of our team away day. We were reflecting afterwards how in such a short space of time we felt we gained so many practical and memorable tips and frameworks – it was delivered with just the right tone of both challenging ourselves and enjoying it too. Our team are very thankful.”Tess Young, Director of Operations, South London Cares