Presentation and “gravi-chat” training: virtual course with 1:1 coaching
Build confidence in presenting and learn how to command the room with live and online audiences
How well we present ourselves and our ideas is pivotal to our career success, but 75% of us have a fear of public speaking, and 1 in 3 of us would turn down our dream job if it meant we had to do it. Unfortunately, most of us either spend our lives avoiding public speaking altogether or go through the motions of presenting, but never really learn how to command the room. As a result, opportunites are missed, promotions are lost, and great ideas go unheard.
This blended learning course is designed to help you feel more confident about public speaking and develop core skills for presenting to different audiences with authority. From large audiences, to high pressure meetings, to speaking on camera, we’ll help you work on your presentation skills and “gravi-chat” (gravitas in conversations!).
The course includes:
- 4 x 1-hour online learning modules
- 2 x virtual 1:1 coaching sessions with an expert trainer
The online modules, delivered by Love Public Speaking founder Carrie Swift, will provide you with practical presenting tips illustrated with video examples of great public speakers, and as you move through the module you’ll take part in speaking exercises which you’ll record and send to your coach.
Your coaching sessions will include expert feedback on your pre-recorded speaking exercises, and further speaking exercises to develop skills you want to focus on – voice, difficult conversations or speaking on camera, for example.
What do the online modules cover?
See modules below, with each including speaking exercises and homework exercises:
Module 1: Building confidence and taking risks
- How to develop a new mindset around public speaking so you feel more confident about seeking out opportunities to present / lead
- Practical strategies for managing the physical symptoms of nerves
- How to overcome perfectionism and take more risks to advance your career
- Personal elevator pitch – speaking exercise to practise selling yourself in an interview/pitch your business
Module 2: Presentation skills (face-to-face and online)
- Body language and voice techniques to become an engaging presenter
- How to design high-impact presentations – storytelling, rhetorical devices, call to action
- Tips and tricks on how to save time on presentation prep when using PowerPoint
- How to use notes / cue cards
- Audience engagement and interaction techniques
- Tips for speaking on camera in video calls and live video posts
Module 3: Gravitas and personal branding
- Gravitas – body language, voice and language tips to speak with authority
- Influencing skills – crafting your message
- Tips on presenting to senior people with big egos – preparation tips to ensure you get your message across
- Strategic networking – gaining exposure without being annoying
- Practise telling your success story (face-to-face and online)
Module 4: Difficult meetings (face-to-face and online)
- Mastering the art of difficult conversations – how get your point across
- How to give negative feedback
- Preparation tips for difficult meetings to get the outcome you are seeking
- Tips for challenging conversations that take place online
How do the virtual coaching sessions work?
You will have 2 x virtual 1:1 training sessions where your coach will critque your pre-recorded speaking exercises and you’ll practise further speaking exercises that help you develop in areas that you want to focus on. Each virtual coaching session is one hour.
What will you take away?
- 20-page electronic course handbook on presentation skills
- Confidence-building visualisation audio to prepare for presentations and meetings
- Presentation structure template
- Our “Gravitas Grid”
- Useful phrases “cheat sheet” for difficult conversations
- Action plan for taking your presentation skills to the next level
We’re so confident you’ll love this course, that we’ll refund you 100% of your money if you’re not completely satisfied.
How do I book?
See course prices below. You can pay all at once, or in 3 installments. For further information, email email@example.com. To order the course today:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order and we’ll send an invoice.
- Call +44 208 142 4710 to book over the phone.
STANDARD COURSE: £800 discounted to £599 + VAT*
STANDARD COURSE + 3 EXTRA 1:1 COACHING SESSIONS: £1350 discounted to £1099 + VAT*
ONLINE MODULES ONLY (WITHOUT COACHING): £399 discounted to £299 + VAT*
*This COVID-19 discount ends midnight 31 Aug 2020. Time left to book at this price:
“I can honestly say that in 12 years, this is the best training I have ever received. The trainer was inspirational, and I am, for the first, time working towards overcoming my fear of public speaking; I can truly see a light at the end of the tunnel… If I had received this kind of help when I was young, I don’t believe I would have carried my phobia around with me for my adult working life.”Helen Parsons, St Dominics College
“This was by a long way the most useful presentation training I’ve had. For experienced speakers, 1 on 1 training is so useful and a great confidence builder.”S. Roberts, Studio Principal, Charcoal Blue
“I can’t rate Love Public Speaking highly enough. As a CEO, public speaking is essential to my role but I’ve been avoiding it for a long time. The training here was well beyond your normal technique training – it was all about mindset and approach, along with the skills and it really worked for me. Utterly transformative for my career.”C. Forshew, CEO, Seed
“One of my key take-aways was that I need to be more prepared when I speak to my boss. I will be more mindful of her priorities and present my ideas using her perspective rather than mine. This is really useful.”Jane C, Barclays
To sign up to our newsletter with free tips on public speaking, enter your email address below: