Life’s a Pitch: Two Part Presentation Skills Programme
Socially distanced training to help you overcome fear of public speaking and become a confident presenter
“I can honestly say that in 12 years..… If I had received this kind of help when I was young, I don’t believe I would have carried my public speaking phobia around with me for my adult working life.”Helen Parsons, Teacher
Rated by course attendees:
What’s this course about?
This transformational course has been designed to change how you feel about public speaking so you can enjoy the experience rather than dread it. We know what it feels like to be in a big job and be terrified of public speaking. What makes this course different is our commitment to helping you feel more confident when you speak, and our focus on long term impact. That’s why at the end of day 1, you will buddy up with someone else on the course and support each other in moving forward with your public speaking journey in between sessions.
The two days of training you attend will be one month apart. With a maximum of 8 people on the course, you will be socially distanced for safety. In the training, you will learn how to develop a new mindset around public speaking so that you feel more comfortable taking up opportunities to present. You’ll pick up key techniques on how to manage nerves, learn body language and voice techniques to present with impact, and take part in a variety of speaking exercises as you build up your confidence. Most of the day will be spent speaking, not listening. At the end of the course, you’ll take away an action plan to continue making progress on your public speaking journey.
What will be covered?
- Practical strategies for managing the physical symptoms of nerves
- How to develop a new mindset around public speaking so you feel more confident about seeking out opportunities to present / lead
- Presenting skills – body language and voice techniques to become an engaging presenter
- Virtual presenting skills – how to impress when you present on video calls
- Tips on how to be articulate when speaking off-the-cuff in meetings
- Techniques for speaking with gravitas and authority – influencing skills
Day 2 (1 month later)
- Learn how to design high-impact presentations – storytelling, rhetorical devices, call to action
- Tips and tricks on how to save time on presentation prep when using PowerPoint
- How to use notes / cue cards
- Audience engagement and interaction techniques
- Presenting and speaking in difficult meetings – how get your point across
- Action planning and goal setting to continue progress with public speaking
What will you take away?
- 20-page electronic course handbook on presentation skills
- Confidence-building visualisation audio to prepare for presentations and meetings
- Presentation structure template
- Our “Gravitas Grid”
- Useful phrases “cheat sheet” for difficult conversations
- Action plan for your public speaking journey
- Buddy to hold you accountable to your goals in the month in between the 2 training days
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people who want to change how they feel about public speaking and create a lasting change their presenting and communication style in order to advance their career.
How do I book?
There are 3 easy ways to book your place:
- Register on this webpage by clicking the ‘book’ button
- Email email@example.com to order your place over email and we’ll send you an invoice.
- Call our hotline +44 208 142 6727 any time of day and book over the phone.
Please book early to avoid disappointment as only 8 places are available per course due to social distancing.
What are the timings?
The course runs from 9.30 – 16.30.
How will I be protected from COVID-19?
This course will be run adhering to Government guidelines with social distancing. We will be upstairs in the Northcote pub, where course attendess can choose to have a socially distanced lunch together.
What if I book my place then can’t make the course due to unexpectedly needing to quarantine?
If this happens, you will be able to switch onto another date. You can also mix and match the dates – for example attend the part 1 of the course in January, and attend part 2 in March rather than February.
Payment plans are available if you need to pay for the course in parts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Money back guarantee
We’re so confident that this course will help you, that we’ll refund all of your money if you’re not 100% delighted with it.
“Life changing. Best presentation skills course I have ever been to. I attended the two part course. One of the biggest qualities of the course was that as we went through the day and were taught presenting techniques, we got to put these techniques into practice within the controlled environment of the course – what better way to transform knowledge and techniques into actual skills! Our group was perfect size to allow each and everyone of us ample opportunities to practice presenting and receive and give feedback to focus on our strengths and allow us to work on suggestions. I can honestly say I am a much more confident and skilled presenter. Thank you!”Ula Caroto, Client Advisor, UBS
“The training exceeded my expectations in terms of what I expected. I came away with lots of useful practical tips and tools I can use in the workplace and beyond! The trainer was exceptional and made the whole experience fun and engaging. I also made some new friends on the course!”Nessa Mcauliffe, Marketing and Brand Strategist
“At the beginning of the day I rated my public speaking confidence level a 2 out of 10, and by the end I was a 7. The trainer was excellent, I think she is born to do it. She’s got a very positive vibe and this increased the energy levels in the room.”Rithma Fonseka, IT Manager
“This was a wonderful course. My experience was excellent. The day flew by and I wished there was a Part 3!”Catherine Boylon, Retired
“I can’t rate Love Public Speaking highly enough. As a CEO, public speaking is essential to my role but I’ve been avoiding it for a long time. The training here was well beyond your normal technique training – it was all about mindset and approach, along with the skills and it really worked for me. Utterly transformative for my career.”C. Forshew, CEO, Seed
To sign up to our newsletter with free tips on public speaking, enter your email address below: