How to lead successful video calls
Getting your message across with impact on video calls and improving virtual communications
In our new world of working from home, communicating effectively on video conference calls is now critically important for businesses to thrive.
Getting the room set up right, navigating the technology and maintaining a professional image are just a few of areas where team members frequently fall down. But most importantly, how should communication change on camera, and how can you get your message across with impact on a video call where attendees are often distracted or disengaged? How do you manage your personal brand from home, and how can you perform as well as you do in face-to-face meetings?
This interactive virtual course provides practical guidance on how to lead successful video calls, with practical tips, speaking exercises and roleplay exercises to develop your team members’ confidence and professionalism on camera.
Who is this course for?
This course is for organisations looking to train their staff members on how to improve their virtual meetings.
What’s the format?
We recommend 6 participants per session to ensure each person has plenty of practise at speaking on camera and receives personal feedback from the trainer. However we can adapt this course to deliver it to larger audiences.
The course is delivered over video conferencing and is available as a half day course, and a full day course which includes more speaking exercises.
How do we book?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0773 605 1566 to discuss training options.
Part 1: Dos and don’ts of video calls
- How to set the room up – lighting, background, camera angle
- What to wear and how to present yourself in a virtual meeting
- Tips and tricks for looking better on camera
- The 10-minute preparation ritual for a seamless call
- Self-awareness: the importance of looking engaged and present in an online meeting
(Pair work and roleplay exercises)
Part 2: Communicating with impact on a video call
- Body language and voice techniques to present with gravitas
- Using sign-posting to create structure and professionalism
- Preparing key messages and using simple, impactful language
- Maintaining engagement: keeping the energy up and ideas for added interactivity
- How to use notes
- How to get heard in online meetings if you’re an introvert
- How to moderate your input if you’re an extravert
- Useful phrases to use with difficult people in online meetings
(Presenting on camera exercises)
Part 3: Remote working tips
- Managing your personal brand when remote working
- How to network virtually
- Why video meetings are so tiring and how to preserve energy
This course is delivered as online training. For further information or a quote, please submit your email address below:
“A heartfelt and sincere thank you for such an inspirational and useful session earlier. I think it was the highlight of our team away day. We were reflecting afterwards how in such a short space of time we felt we gained so many practical and memorable tips and frameworks – it was delivered with just the right tone of both challenging ourselves and enjoying it too. Our team are very thankful.”Tess Young, Director of Operations, South London Cares
“It was useful to understand key factors in speaking with gravitas. Also useful to learn about anxiety.
The trainer was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable, brilliant delivery.”K. Jayasinghege, Enginnering Apprentice, Airbus
“The best part of the course was learning about how to come across as confident through body language and voice, and practising these techniques multiple times.”A. Smith, Business Apprentice, Airbus
“The trainer was very inspirational and motivating. She made me feel determined and empowered to keep going and enjoy being challenged.”