How to lead successful virtual and hybrid meetings
COVID-19 has changed the way we work, but most teams are ill-prepared to work remotely and lack the skills to make virtual meetings and hybrid meetings work as effectively as in-person meetings.
The result is that teams fail to collaborate as well as they do in-person, great ideas go unheard as the extraverts accidentally dominate virtual meetings, team members begin to lose motivation, and client service suffers.
This virtual training course will help your team navigate the new way of working as they learn practical tips and tools on how to make virtual meetings and hybrid meetings more professional and productive.
Getting the room set up right, navigating the technology and maintaining a professional image are just a few of areas where staff members frequently fall down but most importantly, how should communication change on camera? How does your personality type impact how much you speak up in online meetings and how effective you are at getting your message across? If you are leading a hybrid meeting where some people are based in the office and some are joining remotely, what technology do you need to make it work and how should you run it to ensure everyone gets heard?
This interactive virtual course includes practical tips, speaking exercises and roleplay exercises to develop your team members’ confidence, professionalism and prowess in virtual and hybrid meetings.
Who is this course for?
This course is for organisations looking to train their staff members on how to improve their virtual and hybrid meetings.
What's the format?
We recommend 6-8 participants per session to ensure each person has plenty of practise at speaking on camera and receives personal feedback from the trainer, however we can adapt this course to deliver it to larger audiences.
This a one-day interactive course which is delivered virtually. It is also available as a half day course, and a 90 minute session. To see our shorter online training options, view our webinars.
How do we book?
Email [email protected] or call +44 208 142 6727 for a quote to have this delivered for your organisation. You can also book a bespoke version of this course where we incorporate speaking exercises based on real life scenarios team members encounter in their roles.
Part 1: Dos and don’ts of virtual meetings
- How to set the room up – lighting, background, camera angle
- What to wear and how to present yourself in a virtual meeting
- The 10-minute preparation ritual for a seamless call
(Pair work and roleplay exercises)
Part 2: Improving your personal impact on camera
- Speaking up as an introvert versus extrovert – understanding how and when to contribute
- Tips on getting your message across with impact: body language and voice techniques to present with gravitas; authoritative language versus weak language
- Useful phrases to use with difficult people in online meetings
Part 3: Leading virtual meetings
- Meeting preparation tips and agendas: how to plan your meeting to ensure everyone gets heard
- Using sign-posting to create structure and professionalism
- Practical ideas to keep the energy up and keep people engaged – icebreakers, temperature checks, team-building ideas and innovative ways to encourage participation
(Presenting on camera exercises)
Part 4: Leading hybrid meetings
- 5 pitfalls to avoid when leading hybrid meetings
- Recommendations for technology to use and tech testing
- The importance of seeking out feedback and checking in with participants
- Practical ideas to try out with your team to make hybrid meetings work better
(Meeting facilitation roleplay exercises)
Part 5: Remote working tips
- Managing your personal brand when remote working
- How to network virtually
- Managing your wellbeing when WFH: tips on preserving energy and managing work-life balance
This online training course is delivered to teams within organisations. There are 3 easy ways to book a webinar or request a quote:
- Call +44 208 142 6727 to get straight through to our course administrator.
- Email [email protected] to book.
- Subscribe to our website below, and we’ll contact you:
This course is delivered as online training. For further information or a quote, please submit your email address below:
“A heartfelt and sincere thank you for such an inspirational and useful session earlier. I think it was the highlight of our team away day. We were reflecting afterwards how in such a short space of time we felt we gained so many practical and memorable tips and frameworks – it was delivered with just the right tone of both challenging ourselves and enjoying it too. Our team are very thankful.”Tess Young, Director of Operations, South London Cares
“It was useful to understand key factors in speaking with gravitas. Also useful to learn about anxiety.
The trainer was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable, brilliant delivery.”K. Jayasinghege, Enginnering Apprentice, Airbus
“The best part of the course was learning about how to come across as confident through body language and voice, and practising these techniques multiple times.”A. Smith, Business Apprentice, Airbus
“The trainer was very inspirational and motivating. She made me feel determined and empowered to keep going and enjoy being challenged.”