Life’s a Pitch: Level 1 Presentation Skills
Build confidence in presenting and learn key techniques for presenting with impact
Being able to present well is a critical skill in almost any professional job, but 75% of us admit to a fear of public speaking, and most of us go to great lengths to avoid it. In fact, studies show that 1 in 3 of us would go as far as to reject our dream job if it meant we had to do it.
The result? Those who shout the loudest end up getting promoted, and a great deal of talent falls under the radar. Great ideas fail to get aired in meetings with 10+ people. Teams do beautiful work, and fail to do it justice when it’s presented to clients; and companies miss out on marketing opportunities as their employees shy away from speaking at industry events.
This beginner’s course is designed to help your team build confidence in presenting and learn key techniques to present with impact.
The main problem for people when it comes to public speaking is overcoming nerves, so this course begins by changing how your team members think and feel about public speaking so that they’re more comfortable putting themselves forward for presenting opportunities. The rest of the course is dedicated to developing their speaking technique as they take part in presenting exercises, analyse videos of effective presenters, and get critical feedback from an expert trainer.
They’ll have the opportunity to practise giving an ‘elevator pitch’ on their organisation/job role and pick up techniques for speaking with gravitas in meetings.
This is highly practical course where team members will spend most of the day taking part in speaking exercises.
What will your team members take away?
- A mindset shift to help them experience public speaking more positively
- Strategies to overcome nerves
- Body language and voice techniques to be an engaging presenter
- Presentation structure template to use for business presentations
- Techniques for presenting with gravitas and authority
- A tip to stop them ‘going blank’ when presenting
- Ideas of how to create opportunities to practise presenting, inside and outside of work
Teams who have been through this programme report that they are:
- More confident with presenting
- More willing to put themselves forward to speak and create opportunities to practice
- More willing to seek out feedback after presentations/meetings
- Some are now leading their own lunchtime public speaking club in their company
What is included in the course?
- 20-page electronic course handbook
- Confidence-building visualisation audio to prepare for presentations
- Pre-course questionnaire sent to attendees to tailor the course to your team’s needs
- Post-course feedback surveys
What’s the format?
We recommend 6-8 attendees per session so that each person who attends has enough presenting practice and can receive personalised feedback from the trainer, but we can also work with larger groups. We usually come to your office to deliver this training.
How do we book?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 208 142 6727 for a quote to have this delivered in your organisation. You can also book a bespoke version of this course where we incorporate speaking exercises based on real life scenarios team members encounter in their roles.
This course is delivered as in-house training for companies. To sign up to our newsletter with free tips on public speaking, enter your email address below:
“I can honestly say that in 12 years, this is the best training I have ever received. The trainer was inspirational, and I am, for the first, time working towards overcoming my fear of public speaking; I can truly see a light at the end of the tunnel… If I had received this kind of help when I was young, I don’t believe I would have carried my phobia around with me for my adult working life.”Helen Parsons, St Dominics College
“At the beginning of the day I rated my public speaking confidence level a 2 out of 10, and by the end I was a 7. The trainer was excellent, I think she is born to do it. She’s got a very positive vibe and this increased the energy levels in the room.”Rithma Fonseka, IT Manager
“I can’t rate Love Public Speaking highly enough. As a CEO, public speaking is essential to my role but I’ve been avoiding it for a long time. The training here was well beyond your normal technique training – it was all about mindset and approach, along with the skills and it really worked for me. Utterly transformative for my career.”C. Forshew, CEO, Seed