Life’s a Pitch: Essential Presentation Skills
Master the basics of public speaking and learn how to develop powerful rapport with any audience
On this beginner’s course, your team members will build their public speaking confidence and learn key presenting techniques to become an engaging and dynamic presenter.
Those who attend will watch videos of different styles of presenting and analyse them, before putting the techniques they’ve learnt into practice through a variety of speaking exercises. They’ll have the opportunity to practise giving an ‘elevator pitch’ on their organisation/job role, and learn how to exude gravitas when presenting in a business context.
What will your team take away from this course?
- A positive mindset around public speaking so they are encouraged to seek out opportunities to present / lead
- Body language and voice techniques to become an engaging presenter
- 5 tips to overcome the physical symptoms of nerves
- Presentation structure template to use at home
- A helpful technique to stop them from ‘going blank’ when presenting
- Impromptu speaking skills for meetings
What is included in the course?
- 20-page electronic course handbook
- Confidence-building visualisation audio to prepare for presentations
- Pre-course questionnaire sent to attendees to tailor the course to your team’s needs
- Post-course feedback surveys
Who is this course for?
Teams that either present internally to colleagues, or externally to clients / stakeholders.
What’s the format?
We recommend 6-8 attendees per session so that each person who attends has enough presenting practice and can receive personalised feedback from the trainer. However it is possible to work with larger groups. We usually come to your office to deliver this training.
Can you do a bespoke version?
Yes, we can design a bespoke version of this course which incorporates speaking exercises based on real life scenarios team members encounter in their roles.
How do we book?
Please email email@example.com or call 0773 605 1566 to discuss training options.
10:00 – course opens
- Changing how you approach public speaking – seizing opportunities to put yourself forward to present, lead or sell
- 5 key tips on how to overcome nerves
- Essential body language and voice techniques that build powerful rapport and motivate others
(Warm up speaking exercises)
- How to deliver a killer elevator pitch on yourself / your company
- Presenting with gravitas: tips for building credibility
(Elevator pitch exercise)
- How to design and structure presentations
- Tips, visuals and rhetorical devices for creating impact
- Nailing your call to action
- Handling Q&A: impromptu speaking tips
- Goal setting to keep up the momentum
- Positive visualisation exercise to build confidence
16:30 Course close
This course is delivered as in-house training for companies. To sign up to our newsletter with free tips on public speaking, enter your email address below:
“I can honestly say that in 12 years, this is the best training I have ever received. The trainer was inspirational, and I am, for the first, time working towards overcoming my fear of public speaking; I can truly see a light at the end of the tunnel… If I had received this kind of help when I was young, I don’t believe I would have carried my phobia around with me for my adult working life.”Helen Parsons, St Dominics College
“At the beginning of the day I rated my public speaking confidence level a 2 out of 10, and by the end I was a 7. The trainer was excellent, I think she is born to do it. She’s got a very positive vibe and this increased the energy levels in the room.”Rithma Fonseka, IT Manager
“I can’t rate Love Public Speaking highly enough. As a CEO, public speaking is essential to my role but I’ve been avoiding it for a long time. The training here was well beyond your normal technique training – it was all about mindset and approach, along with the skills and it really worked for me. Utterly transformative for my career.”C. Forshew, CEO, Seed