Life’s a Pitch: Essential Presentation Skills
Master the basics of public speaking and learn how to develop powerful rapport with any audience
On this course, you’ll pick up invaluable tips on how to overcome nerves, build your speaking confidence, and learn how to present with impact.
This is a highly engaging, fun and interactive course where you will be speaking most of the day, so that you can build confidence through practice and see a significant shift in your presenting style by the end of the day. You’ll watch videos of different styles of presenting and analyse them, before putting the techniques you’ve learnt into practice to hone your personal style and build on your natural strengths as a presenter. You’ll learn how to give a killer elevator pitch on yourself for when you go to a job interview or a networking event, and discover how to create and deliver high-impact, attention-grabbing presentations.
What will you take away from this course?
- 5 key tips to overcome the physical symptoms of nerves
- An invaluable technique to stop you from ‘going blank’ when presenting
- Body language and voice techniques that convey confidence and gravitas
- Presentation template to use at home
- Impromptu speaking skills to prepare you for ‘surprise’ speeches
- Cut out bad speaking habits that make you appear less authoritative
- Experience a powerful NLP positive visualisation exercise to build public speaking confidence
- Change how you think about and approach public speaking to advance your career / business
- 30 page course handbook with tools, tips and templates
How does it work?
We usually have 1 expert trainer and approximately 6 participants on this course to ensure everyone gets plenty of speaking time, and personalised feedback from the trainer, as the trainer works closely with each person to build on their natural strengths.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for complete beginners as well as experienced speakers who want to hang their experience on some solid techniques. After completing this course, we recommend moving on to Level 2: Speaking with Impact.
Why choose us?
We’re proud to say that to date, 100% of our clients have said they would recommend us in evaluation forms and 97% of course attendees have rated this course 5 out of 5 for quality (as of September 2018). Want to check for yourself? Read their comments here.
10:00 – course opens
- Changing how you approach public speaking – seizing opportunities to put yourself forward to present, lead or sell
- 5 key tips on how to overcome nerves
- Essential body language and voice techniques that build powerful rapport and motivate others
(Warm up speaking exercises)
- How to deliver a killer elevator pitch on yourself / your company
- Presenting with gravitas: tips for building credibility
(Elevator pitch exercise)
- How to design and structure presentations
- Tips, visuals and rhetorical devices for creating impact
- Nailing your call to action
- Handling Q&A: impromptu speaking tips
- Goal setting to keep up the momentum
- Positive visualisation exercise to build confidence
16:30 Course close
Any questions? Give us a call on 0773 605 1566 and we’ll tell you more about the course, or give you some advice on which course we’d recommend for you.
This course is delivered as in-house training for companies, and also runs as a public course on dates that are mutually convenient for attendees. To register interest to attend the course, please submit your email address below:
“I can honestly say that in 12 years, this is the best training I have ever received. Carrie was inspirational, and I am, for the first, time working towards overcoming my fear of public speaking; I can truly see a light at the end of the tunnel… If I had received this kind of help when I was young, I don’t believe I would have carried my phobia around with me for my adult working life.”Helen Parsons, St Dominics College
“At the beginning of the day I rated my public speaking confidence level a 2 out of 10, and by the end I was a 7. Carrie was excellent, I think she is born to do it. She’s got a very positive vibe and this increased the energy levels in the room.”Rithma Fonseka, IT Manager
I attended the Essential Skills workshop and I left feeling confident in my ability to public speak. Carrie helps you to work through your barriers, whilst encouraging you to take steps out of your comfort zone that really help you to embark on a new journey. Since then I have gone on to confirm a group booking, create 2 short videos and chaired my first panel. Carrie – you are a fab trainer. Really nurturing. Thank you.” Andrea Mattis, Well-being Coach