Improving staff performance through a growth mindset culture
Creating a driven, innovative and emotionally intelligent workforce
“Organisations focused on employees capacity for growth will experience significant advantages.” – Professor Carol Dweck
Do you need your people in your organisation to be better team players? Do you want them to be more creative, motivated and better at both giving and receiving feedback?
Growth Mindset is a ground-breaking initiative currently taking businesses by storm due to its impact on staff performance.
Studies show that organisations who develop a growth mindset culture have happier employers with a more innovative, risk taking culture, which leads to faster organisational growth and better results.
Unlike fixed mindset organisations who spend a lot of money on recruitment and training, growth mindset organisations hire from within their ranks, because staff progress faster and Managers place more trust in their teams. Staff members are happier and more emotionally invested in their work because they genuinely believe they can have an impact. They are more creative, better able to cope with change, and better team workers.
This training programme, delivered in-house to companies, will develop a growth mindset culture in your organisation so that you will see your staff members:
- Cope better with making mistakes and welcome constructive feedback
- Communicate more openly with other staff
- Manage their own career progression
- Build better relationships with colleagues
- Be more creative and less afraid to put ideas forward
- Cope with change better
- Develop more commercial awareness
This is a practical and interactive course full of strategies, activities and group discussion. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0773605166.
WHAT IS GROWTH MINDSET?
After decades of research on achievement and success, World-renowned Stanford University psychologist, Carol Dweck, coined the terms growth mindset and fixed mindset. These terms describe the underlying beliefs people have about learning and intelligence.
In a growth mindset we believe that our basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work – brains and talent are just the starting point; the real path to mastery is effort.
In a fixed mindset people believe that their basic qualities like intelligence or talent are fixed traits, placing limits on what they believe they can achieve. They spend their time avoiding challenges that may threaten their self-beliefs and may be more inclined to struggle with change.
Whether you have a fixed mindset or a growth mindset, you can learn to change it.
STUDIES SHOW EMPLOYEES IN A GROWTH MINDSET ORGANISATION ARE…
- 47% likelier to say that their colleagues are trustworthy
- 34% likelier to feel a strong sense of ownership and commitment to the company
- 65% likelier to say that the company supports risk taking
- 49% likelier to say that the company fosters innovation.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
- HR Managers
- Whole-staff training
10.00am — Course opens
- Growth mindset vs. fixed mindset: exploring the habits of top performers
- Self-awareness: understanding your current mindset
- Strategies for moving from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
- Emotionally intelligent leadership: how to be a manager with a growth mindset
- Using a 7 minute coaching model to help others develop a growth mindset
13.00 — Lunch
- Tools for managing work pressures, uncertainties and challenges
- Growth mindset teams in action: building better relationships
- Goal setting action plan
- Creating a long term growth mindset strategy
17:00 — Course ends
This course is delivered as in-house training for organisations. For further information, please submit your email address below:
“We had a first-rate facilitator with warmth and humour. She cared deeply about getting the right result for the client and managed her state throughout a session incredibly well, even when the group was particularly challenging!”
Jenni Miller, CEO, Management Dynamics
“A heartfelt and sincere thank you for such an inspirational and useful session earlier. I think it was the highlight of our team away day. We were reflecting afterwards how in such a short space of time we felt we gained so many practical and memorable tips and frameworks – it was delivered with just the right tone of both challenging ourselves and enjoying it too. Our team are very thankful.”Tess Young, Director of Operations, South London Cares
“I hired Love Public Speaking to run a day course for a number of Bedrock HR clients. I found the trainer extremely professional with loads of energy and excellent knowledge. My take away from the sessions was seeing the way in which people responded to the trainer and the way in which their confidence grew throughout the course.”
David Mellard, Managing Director, Bedrock HR
“I just wanted to say thanks so much for coming in. I really enjoyed it and I know everyone in the group did too. You have been really inspiring. I have to say a big thanks for the encouragement.”
Hadrian Thomas, CEO, Urban Guilt