Women in business: speak up, rise up
Studies shows that companies with gender balanced leadership teams get better results, but companies everywhere are struggling to get women into senior roles.
Although external factors are at play, one of the main barriers to progress relates to how women behave differently to men in the workplace – they are less likely to put themselves forward for promotion and more likely to devalue their achievements. Understandable, since a recent study by KPMG found that most women are socialised as children to be nice to others (86%), and to be helpful (77%) but few are socialised to be leaders (44%), or to express their opinions (34%).
Our women’s leadership programme helps women develop the confidence, communication skills and personal PR needed to take their career to the next level.
This is a highly practical programme where team members will take part in speaking exercises, scenario-based learning and group discussions to build core competencies.
Topics covered include:
- Strategies for building confidence and overcoming imposter syndrome
- How to recognise gender bias and thrive despite the challenges
- How to have difficult conversations
- Presentation skills including how to give high-impact presentations to senior Execs
- How to exude gravitas and executive presence
- Influencing skills
- Personal branding and doing your own PR within the organisation
- Strategic networking
- Pitching for promotions
Women who have been through this programme report that they are:
- More willing to put themselves forward for promotions
- More confident when having difficult conversations
- More comfortable with presentations and presenting ideas to senior teams
- Have a better understanding of their strengths and how to talk about their achievements in appraisals
What is included in the course?
- 20-page electronic course handbook on presentation skills
- Useful phrases “cheat sheet” for difficult conversations
- Confidence-building visualisation audio to prepare for presentations and meetings
- Pre-course questionnaire sent to attendees to tailor the course to your team’s needs
- Post-course feedback surveys
Who is this course for?
Female employees at every level – different versions of this course are available for senior, mid-tier and junior team members.
What’s the format?
The full version of this course is our Gold Programme, which is 3 days of training for 10 women, delivered in your office. However, the course is available in several different formats. We recommend organising groups of staff to be trained by levels of seniority.
How do we book?
Email [email protected] or call +44 208 142 6727 for a quote to have this delivered in your organisation.
60-MINUTE LIVE TALKS
This course is delivered as in-house training for organisations. To register interest, please submit your email address below:
"I thought this training was excellent. I have been trying to use some of the tips in meetings and conference calls since then to help with my gravitas, things that would not have occurred to me had the trainer not pointed them out and the impact that they can have. I really can’t praise the training, the style in which it was delivered it and the thought-provoking content highly enough. Thank you!"Sarah, RWE
"I can't rate Love Public Speaking high enough. As a CEO, public speaking is essential to my role but I've been avoiding it for a long time. The training here was well beyond your normal technique training - it was all about mindset and approach, along with the skills and it really worked for me. Utterly transformative for my career."Celia Forshew, CEO, Seed Marketing Agency
"Really enjoyed the programme - it provided a great overview of the topic and delivered on what it said it would. I came away feeling much more confident, with some easy-to-remember tips to help me before every presentation I do / meeting I go into."Rosie Wilson, Senior Manager Communications, Hilton Hotels
"One of my key take-aways was that I need to be more prepared when I speak to my boss. I will be more mindful of her priorities and present my ideas using her perspective rather than mine. This is really useful."Jane, Barclays
“A heartfelt and sincere thank you for such an inspirational and useful session earlier. I think it was the highlight of our team away day. We were reflecting afterwards how in such a short space of time we felt we gained so many practical and memorable tips and frameworks – it was delivered with just the right tone of both challenging ourselves and enjoying it too. Our team are very thankful.”Tess Young, Director of Operations, South London Cares