Women in business: developing executive presence and leadership confidence
An intensive one-day communication skills programme
Most employers recognise that boardrooms are greatly enhanced by the presence of focused, motivated and influential women. They know that female leaders bring emotional intelligence to decision-making and facilitate good communication within the team. But getting women into leadership roles can be a challenge, as they face a myriad of barriers to reaching the boardroom. Although external factors are at play, the biggest barrier to women’s progress comes from within – lack of confidence, low aspirations and resistance to risk-taking.
This training programme will help women in your organisation develop the confidence and communication skills needed for the boardroom. Through practical advice, presentation skills exercises and roleplay exercises, women who attend this course will conquer impostor syndrome and learn how to communicate at an executive level. They will build their resilience to handle the challenges of leadership, overcome perfectionistic tendencies that hold them back, and get comfortable with speaking up in the boardroom to advance their careers.
What will your female employees learn on this course?
Those who attend will:
- Develop their leadership potential and learn how to communicate at an executive level
- Build their personal brand and visibility within the organisation
- Develop their presentation skills and gravitas
- Master the art of difficult conversations – practise being assertive, manage conflict with grace and learn how to say no
- Get comfortable speaking about their signature strengths
- Overcome imposter syndrome and take more risks to move their career forward
What is included in the course?
- 20-page electronic course handbook on presentation skills
- Useful phrases “cheat sheet” for difficult conversations
- Confidence-building visualisation audio to prepare for presentations and meetings
- Pre-course questionnaire sent to attendees to tailor the course to your team’s needs
- Post-course feedback surveys
Who is this course for?
- Junior and mid-tier female employees
- Senior female managers / directors
- Male employees looking to develop these skills
What’s the format?
We recommend 12 attendees per session, however it is possible to work with larger groups. We usually come to your office to deliver this training, and we recommend organising groups of staff to be trained by levels of seniority.
Can you do a bespoke version?
Yes, we can design a bespoke version of this course which incorporates speaking exercises based on real life scenarios team members encounter in your organisation.
How do we book?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0773 605 1566 to discuss training options.
10AM – Course opens
Understanding gender bias: where we are now
- Recognising gender bias and how to help your organisation move towards gender equality
- The growing need for female leaders: why traditionally ‘female traits’ are needed for businesses of the future
Building unshakable leadership confidence
- Overcoming impostor syndrome: how to fake it ‘til you make it
- Changing thinking habits and overcoming limiting beliefs using CBT techniques
- Banishing perfectionistic tendencies to take more risks and progress faster
- Cultivating an external rather than inward focus
- Building resilience to handle the challenges of leadership
(Discussion and pair work)
Developing your personal brand: practise telling your success story
- Get clarity on what you stand for and practise pitching your strengths
- Developing your presentation style
- Prepare and practise a 1 minute elevator pitch to use for networking events and meeting introductions
1PM – Lunch
Presenting and communicating at an executive level
- Tips on speaking up in the board room
- How to report on your achievements and gain exposure with senior stakeholders
- Body language and voice techniques that build your credibility and gravitas
Leadership and assertiveness
- Getting comfortable with conflict: mastering the art of difficult conversations
- Assert your boundaries: tips on how and when to say no
- Developing an emotionally-intelligent leadership style
Growing your role
- Finding inspiration and support through role models and mentors
- Pitching for promotion and shaping your role to play to your strengths
- Dreaming big: goal-setting for the future
4.30PM – Course closes
This course is delivered as in-house training for organisations. To register interest, please submit your email address below:
“I thought this training was excellent. I have been trying to use some of the tips in meetings and conference calls since then to help with my gravitas, things that would not have occurred to me had the trainer not pointed them out and the impact that they can have. I really can’t praise the training, the style in which it was delivered it and the thought-provoking content highly enough. Thank you!”Sarah, RWE
“I can’t rate Love Public Speaking high enough. As a CEO, public speaking is essential to my role but I’ve been avoiding it for a long time. The training here was well beyond your normal technique training – it was all about mindset and approach, along with the skills and it really worked for me. Utterly transformative for my career.”Celia Forshew, CEO, Seed Marketing Agency
“One of my key take-aways was that I need to be more prepared when I speak to my boss. I will be more mindful of her priorities and present my ideas using her perspective rather than mine. This is really useful.”Jane, Barclays
“The trainer helps you to work through your barriers, whilst encouraging you to take steps out of your comfort zone that really help you to embark on a new journey. Since then I have gone on to confirm a group booking, create 2 short videos and chaired my first panel. Carrie – you are a fab trainer. Really nurturing. Thank you.”Andrea Mattis, Well-being Coach
“A heartfelt and sincere thank you for such an inspirational and useful session earlier. I think it was the highlight of our team away day. We were reflecting afterwards how in such a short space of time we felt we gained so many practical and memorable tips and frameworks – it was delivered with just the right tone of both challenging ourselves and enjoying it too. Our team are very thankful.”Tess Young, Director of Operations, South London Cares