From "Snowflake" to Supercharged: Graduate Training
Internationally acclaimed business consultant, Simon Senek, has recently labelled Gen Z employees entering the workplace as “narcissistic, unfocused, and lazy". Corporate companies are now introducing what they describe as "snowflake tests" into the hiring process to ensure their new hires will have the resilience and communication skills required for the job. It is clear that there is a skills gap with the new generation coming into work, and employers recognise that it falls to them to arm their newest team members with the communication skills they need to thrive and grow into future leaders. With additional support from the apprentice levy, many companies are now investing in training their next generation of leaders.
This communications training programme is designed to help your young team members build their confidence, resilience and communication skills in order to thrive in the workplace.
What will team members gain from this course?
- A better understanding of how to communicate with senior management in meetings
- Improved confidence, professionalism and self-awareness
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to express their ideas with gravitas
- Improved resilience to deal with challenges they encounter in work
- Better commercial awareness and an understanding of personal branding
- The ability to become a strong brand ambassador for the organisation
What is included in the course?
- 20-page electronic course handbook
- Confidence-building visualisation audio to prepare for presentations
- Pre-course questionnaire sent to attendees to tailor the course to your team’s needs
- Post-course feedback surveys
How long is the course?
The full course is 2 days, but a 1 day option is available.
Who is this course for?
Young employees who need to develop their confidence, communication skills and presenting style.
What’s the format?
We recommend 10 team members per course. We usually come to your office to deliver this training.
Can you do a bespoke version?
Yes, we can design a bespoke version of this course which incorporates speaking exercises based on real life scenarios team members encounter in their roles.
How do we book?
Please email [email protected] or call 0773 605 1566 to discuss training options.
9:00 - course opens
Part 1: Building confidence and resilience – creating the right mindset to kick-start your career
• Overcoming impostor syndrome when entering a new role
• Getting comfortable with making mistakes - strategies for building resilience
• Working outside of your comfort zone to progress in your role - perfectionism versus risk-taking
(Discussion and group exercises)
Part 2: Developing powerful presenting skills
• Growing presenting confidence - changing how you approach public speaking opportunities, putting yourself forward to present and lead
• Strategies for tackling nerves
• Presenting techniques: body language and voice
• How to produce and deliver business presentations
• Tips on using PowerPoint and time-saving techniques
Part 3: Core communication skills for meetings and conference calls
• Tips on professional etiquette for meetings
• How to convey credibility and gravitas when dealing with Senior Managers
• Mastering the art of difficult conversations in the workplace
• Telephone skills and how to lead conference calls
(Role play exercises)
16:30 - course closes
9:00 - course opens
Part 4: Speaking to external audiences
• Review of company brand values and how to give a high-impact “elevator pitch” on your organisation
(Speaking exercise: practise giving a 1 minute elevator pitch)
• Tips on how to give a successful media interview
(Roleplay exercise: take part in a mock TV interview)
Part 5: Becoming a great team player
• Improving self-awareness
• Understanding how others like to work – why the map is not the territory
• Tips on how to communicate in the workplace - the key to successful team work
(Written exercises and group work)
Part 6: Moving up the career ladder
• Improving productivity
• Stress management and dealing with workload overwhelm
• Time management strategies for prioritising and meeting deadlines
(Peer coaching and discussions)
• Getting more exposure – how to report on your achievements and prepare for appraisals
• Finding sponsors and mentors to help you progress in work
• Setting personal goals to advance your career
16:30 - course closes
This course is delivered as in-house training. For further information or a quote, please submit your email address below:
“A heartfelt and sincere thank you for such an inspirational and useful session earlier. I think it was the highlight of our team away day. We were reflecting afterwards how in such a short space of time we felt we gained so many practical and memorable tips and frameworks – it was delivered with just the right tone of both challenging ourselves and enjoying it too. Our team are very thankful.”Tess Young, Director of Operations, South London Cares
“It was useful to understand key factors in speaking with gravitas. Also useful to learn about anxiety. The trainer was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable, brilliant delivery."K. Jayasinghege, Enginnering Apprentice, Airbus
“The best part of the course was learning about how to come across as confident through body language and voice, and practising these techniques multiple times."A. Smith, Business Apprentice, Airbus
“The trainer was very inspirational and motivating. She made me feel determined and empowered to keep going and enjoy being challenged.” A.Hodgeson, NHF